SIGN UP A YOUTH
Eligibility for children:
- Children must be from a single parent household or nontraditional family structure.
- Children must be between 6 and 14 years old to be enrolled.
What you should expect after enrolling a child:
- Application and interview process (very informal)
- A short wait time to be matched with a mentor
- Help and support for guardian’s
- Weekly supports for the child through the STAR program
- Matches meet weekly for approximately one hour
- MentorKids staff plans monthly events for the matches to participate in
- MentorKids staff plans two annual events for your family: Annual Picnic and Thanksgiving Feast.
“They love their mentors. They can’t wait until their mentors come and pick them up! It is truly a blessing to have these men in their lives. They have helped them and me so much.” – Zuetta Boyd
“It’s given my kids a friend they can talk to, hang out with, help with homework with. It means a lot to see my boys smile and be happy. Their behaviors have improved since having a mentor.” – Shuanta Walton